I’m SO excited to introduce you to this new line of products we’ll be carrying at the shoppe! Many of you have noticed that I’ve spent a lot of time considering what I put INTO my body, but recently, my eyes have been opened to what I put ON my body. And being the major buyer of my family’s products, this time it’s personal because I want to make sure I am providing them with the safest possible products that touch their sweet skin. I mean, skin is your BIGGEST organ, people! We need to treat it with respect!! Owing to some recent lifestyle changes, and the desire for my daughter to look to me for guidance, I have decided to educate people about safer skincare; to be an advocate for better beauty.
My new philosophy on beauty products is similar to my philosophy on food: Focus on whole, quality ingredients but don’t be militant about it. I think where things differ with the beauty industry is that while I love a drink and a carbohydrate (or 5), it’s not something I do all day, everyday. With beauty and skincare products, it IS something affecting you all day. Think of all the products you use in a given day. You wake up, wash your face, shampoo your hair, use conditioner, moisturize, put on your makeup, wash your hands throughout the day, put on hand cream, take off your makeup, wash your face and repeat. And that’s where companies like Beautycounter become important. As I set an example for my daughter, I am proud to be a part of a movement that focuses on safer skincare and cosmetics.
Here are some pros to BC products…
- If you are new to safer beauty/skincare this company is for you. It is nice that there is a single company you can get all of your beauty, skincare and hair care products from.
- They have a HUGE product selection. It’s awesome that you can basically get all of your products at the click of the button and in the mail. They pretty much have everything so it’s a one-stop-shop for anyone who doesn’t enjoy shopping for beauty and skincare products.
- Their products are great quality. There are some products I am currently obsessed with. Hello cleansing balm and lip sheers!! So far, I have been using products on the daily and they are quality–especially for the price. You kind of get what you pay for. In fact, after just ONE day of trying some of their products, both my mom AND my husband commented on my skin! Since then I have had TWO other people comment, and I don’t even know how to apply makeup, y’all!!
- They actually care about cleaner products. They go beyond just offering more natural products to consumers. They’re actually lobbying in Washington to get certain ingredients banned from our conventional skincare/beauty products and are trying to increase regulation. What other company self imposes such high standards?
- They don’t test on animals. Ever. It’s good to know bunny foo foo is safe from the jarring cosmetics industry. They take the safety of the environment and animals very seriously. In addition, most of their products are vegan (read more here), and the majority of products are made in the USA… now that’s something I can get behind!
- They are supporters of female entrepreneurs. I’m a supporter of female entrepreneurs, they are supporters (it’s a women-owned and created business), I think we’ll get along just fine.
There are a couple of ways we plan to integrate this new line into the shoppe. It’s availability is a little bit different than other lines we carry. We will readjust if something isn’t working as needed.
- You can shop online. We are attempting to get all of our products online. That’s our 2018 goal, but that process is hard and tedious. These products are already online. Here is a link to our online catalog. It’s fun to shop 24/7 from the comfort of your own home, wearing comfy pants.
- Come try samples in person at the shoppe. (We hope you choose this option because we enjoy seeing you!). You’ll be able to get a complimentary skin analysis and suggestions will be made on which products to start with. You can also sample cosmetics and feel the products in your hands, smell them, etc.
- You can check out full size samples to try in the privacy of your own home for a few days. See what works in combination with what you already own. Compare ingredients, research, etc, so that you can make the best informed decision for your health and safety.
- Have us do a pop up event at your home! Do you have a few friends that you just know would love to learn about safer products? (Remember my whole reason for partnering with this company is because I want to keep the people I love most safe from harmful ingredients that do nothing to benefit their health.) You get 3-5 of your friends together and we will come to you, complete with products to sample. This is a fun activity for bridal showers, baby showers, book clubs, girls night out (PJ party, anyone?!?), and the list goes on and on. You don’t even need an excuse. And just for getting your friends together informally, you’ll earn free products as our way of saying thank you!
- Online Bash. Friends or family live far away? No worries, we can work together to host a shin-dig online! Even better, because everything happens online, no bra, no pants, drink, and eat whatever you want, nobody knows!! It’s a fun way to connect with loved ones and costs nothing to set up, and you’ll get free products!
If you would like to learn more about making some simple life-changes, please join us this Saturday (9-2) at the shoppe. We’ll have the products out for you to try and see. I’m sure you’ll find something you love! Your support is beyond appreciated…and really at the end of the day, if there’s anything I want to sell you, it’s progress towards better safety and health.