Renee is a co-owner of Vintage Redefined in Muskegon, Mi, she happens to be my mom, oh, and it’s her birthday! You might remember I did a similar post when it was my birthday, and I thought it might be nice for you guys to get to know her too. So, here are some things about Renee…
- My name is Renee and I was born in Michigan and have lived in Muskegon since I was 5.
- I have 2 wonderful children and 2 grandchildren.
- I am married to the kindest man (it’s been 42 years!).
- I love living along the lakeshore.
- I love all things vintage.
- I have loved opening a shoppe with my daughter, and I also used to own a shoppe with my sister, Suzette.
- The love of painting runs in my family- I like to paint furniture, my mother was an established artist and my sister is following in her footsteps. Deep down inside, I wish I could paint like them.
- I love visiting my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter in New York. It’s one of my favorite places.
- One of my favorite things about owning a shoppe is I can go junking for miles and miles and have a place to put all of my treasures! We’ve had some epic junking trips!
- My perfect day would be spending time with my granddaughters. I am fortunate to have great family and friends!
Happy birthday, Mom! I (Courtney) will add that my mom is one of the hardest working women I know. She is creative, kind, funny and strong. Many people find themselves saying negative things about ending up like their parents, but I am the opposite. I hope I end up like mine! Love you Mom!!